- get 8-weeks of business, pre-employment and essential skills training;
- have 13-weeks of on-the-job experience in business, sales and fundraising activation;
- be paid for 30hrs per week during the program;
- improve your résumé while working with a high profile organization.
Interested? Fill the expression of interest asap. Participants will be chosen by March 29. Check below for additional details.
Brand Ambassadors are a part of Raising the Roof’s newest venture; a re-vision of our iconic Toque Campaign. This new program provides youth facing barriers to employment with 21 weeks of paid training and practical work placement.
Training will focus on developing the youth business, pre-employment and essential skills. During the placement youth participants will complete practical tasks related to the Toque Campaign and its re-vision as a social enterprise such as design and sell products, create project plans and strategies, organize and support activation events and campaigns, and develop marketing and communication materials.
Brand Ambassadors will report to the Project Coordinator Social Enterprise and have the direct supervision and mentorship of the Social Enterprise Team Lead. The role supports Raising the Roof’s mission, vision and values and strategic directions focused on the prevention of homelessness.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the 8-week business, pre-employment, and essential skills training.
- Develop and engage in activities related to the Toque Campaign and its re-vision as a social enterprise during the 13-week practical placement.
- Participates in Raising the Roof fundraising events and other activation opportunities.
Personal characteristics & qualifications
- 18-29 years old
- Underemployed or and experiencing barriers to employment
- Empathetic: able to understand needs, establish rapport and build strong relationships with customers; good listening and communication skills
- Focused/Responsible: reliable, self-disciplined and independent; able to anticipate consequences before acting; strive for constant improvement.
- Resilient/Optimist: focuses on opportunities and has the discipline to follow-up; continues in face of challenges or barriers; does not take rejection personally.
- Driven: self-motivated and goal oriented; has the desire to succeed; ability to negotiate and influence; curious and willing to take some risks.
- Creative/Innovative: Contributes new and creative opportunities.
- Behaves Ethically: Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Team Player: Works cooperatively and effectively with others towards goals and resolving problems.
- Office environment
- 30 hours a week (Monday – Thursday, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM)
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends during special events
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the project, please click the link and fill the online form as soon as possible.
Only suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.
Participants will be chosen by the end of March and should be able to start the program early April.