Individuals - The Power of One
Here are just a few of the ways in which you can join the fight to reduce and prevent homelessness:
Start up your own Toque Campaign – it’s easier than you think.
- Reach out to friends and family, colleagues, your fitness group, faith group or book club.
- 80% of local Toque Campaign net proceeds benefit grass-root agencies in your community or region. The balance (20%) supports Raising the Roof’s public education and research initiatives.
- Toques come in sleeves of 10 and cases of 200. See the links below for everything you need – from a community “How To” manual to order forms – to launch your own campaign.
- Make your payment using the online order form, OR print off and send the attached order form with your cheque. Contact Arundel Gibson for more information on managing your own successful campaign.
Tools & Tips to Start Your Own Toque Campaign
- Buy a toque for you and someone you care about – they make great gifts.
- Treat yourself and a friend to an hilarious night out. Our Comedy Night raise funds to help the homeless.
- Volunteer to help out a front-line agency serving homeless people in your own community. Check our our Shared Learnings site for a list of agencies across Canada and info about the work they do.
- Learn more about homelessness.
- Make a donation to support our work towards long term solutions to homelessness.
- Sign up to become a member of the Raising the Roof’s virtual community. We’ll keep you informed about our work through newsletters, bulletins, etc., and we encourage you to share your comments and views with us.
Together, we can make a real difference in the lives of thousands of adults, youth and children.